- A full-time role with a permanent contract
- An important member of the Account Management team
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing and supporting client relationships and requirements
- A competitive salary commensurate with your experience will be offered
- A hybrid working environment with office days based in London
We are looking for a Junior Account Manager to expand our client Account Management team. They will be the primary point of contact for some of our clients, and will support others in the Account Management team with other key clients across multiple sports vertices. The person will be required to work with clients to understand their needs and objectives, suggest how they can achieve these using our digital technology products, continually expand the development roadmap for the client and communicate these requirements to our internal development and operational teams to ensure successful delivery. This role is vital in ensuring our clients achieve value from their investment in InCrowd’s technology and that through this success we are able to add new developments and features, growing each client account. Through a close working relationship with clients, the candidate will also help feed into the internal product roadmap, utilising feedback and requirements from clients to help ensure our products remain market leading and relevant.
Required Skills and Experience
- Someone who can build relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent at planning, organisation and documentation
- Ability to deal with competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and personable with the ability to build a rapport with people they meet and deal with
- Confident and articulate when engaging with clients
- A commercially minded individual
- A self-sufficient individual who is happy taking the lead
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar role (account management or equivalent)
- Experience of working in the sports industry, or understanding of the world of sports sponsorship and marketing
- Experience working with digital marketing technologies (e.g. apps, websites, CRM, marketing technologies)
- The ability to successfully manage difficult situations and conversations
- Project management or project delivery experience
- Experience working with high profile brand/rights holder campaigns
- A passion for sport
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agency or product business environment delivering for brands or rights holders
- Understanding of agile working and development teams working in sprints
- The ability to communicate in other languages, particularly Spanish
- Experience utilising relevant project and account management software such as Slack, Jira, Forecast, etc.
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Developing and overseeing relationships and day-to-day client management
- Assisting others in the Account Management team on some key accounts, working with those clients in the process
- Working with clients to use our digital technology to help achieve their business objectives
- Keeping track of client projects and tasks ensuring they are delivered on time and clients are informed accordingly
- Ensure clients extend their agreements and take advantage of our ever growing suite of digital assets
- Visiting clients in the UK to build relationships
- Working with other individuals internally to ensure issues are addressed, client work is delivered and to provide product feedback
- Reporting into our Account Director to provide status updates and working collaboratively with other Account Managers to ensure client happiness and business success
What we offer
- A friendly but challenging working environment
- A great work-life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home or other quiet environments, but combined with the opportunity to come together for collaboration, team building and social events
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday, pension contributions, cycle and transport schemes, working from home support schemes and provision of quality technical equipment.
- Support for additional training and education
We are a group of highly skilled individuals with a healthy, friendly, creative and relaxed environment. There are often sporting and team events you can join if you wish and we like to nurture and support each other – research groups, training and conference budgets are part of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Our recruitment process will focus primarily on your values and energy for the role. Send us your CV and something that shows us why you’re perfect the right person for the job! This can be anything; a supporting email, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org