- A full-time role in a fast-growing sports marketing software company building solutions for high profile sports clubs, leagues and federations
- The salary is competitive based on experience
- You will be based in Brighton or fully remote
Who are we?
InCrowd is a data-led fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about. We have thrived during the recent pandemic as our clients recognise that they need to create better direct relationships with their fans.
We use technology to capture real-time fan consumption data and have enterprise-scale third-party data integrations enabling our clients to gain a deeper understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. This approach allows our clients to drive business intelligence and to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, via InCrowd’s content and messaging tools.
InCrowd’s core digital experience platform (DXP) powers official mobile apps and websites, personalised fan messaging and LED and Big Screens in over 140 stadiums around the world, utilising first-party and behavioural data.
We work with multiple globally recognised sports organisations and clubs including…
- Formula 1
- ECB / ICC / IPL
- FIFA/UEFA/EFL plus numerous Premier League & Championship football clubs
- The Rugby Football League / Premiership Rugby / PRO14 / Six Nations
- World Snooker
We have seen rapid growth in our short history and now have a team of nearly 70 across London and Brighton as well as individuals in Australia and Hong Kong.
Who are you?
We are looking for a backend developer with at least three year’s industry experience or equivalent to join our Backend Team.
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Developing software in Golang, Java (Spring Boot) or Python
- Developing micro services and deploying on Kubernetes
- Connecting micro services with Event Bus and gRPC technologies
- Deploying and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for your projects (we use Bitbucket pipelines)
- Developing at scale – our newest app has over 2.5 million active users!
- Building marketing and communication tools for sports clubs to communicate with fans
We need you to have:
- At least 3+ Years of experience in the industry
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent to a high standard – First or Masters
- Knowledge of relational (PostgreSQL etc) and non databases (MongoDB etc)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Java and Python
- Knowledge of Golang desirable but by no means required
- Some experience in containerisation with Docker / Kubernetes would be beneﬁcial as our stack is built upon these technologies
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- A friendly but challenging working environment
- A great work-life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home or other quiet environments, but combined with the opportunity to come together for collaboration, team building and social events
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday, pension contributions, cycle and transport schemes, working from home support schemes and provision of quality technical equipment.
- Support for additional training and education
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV to email@example.com, your salary expectations and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; a letter, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you.