- A new full-time role in a fast-growing sports marketing software company building solutions for high profile sports clubs, leagues and federations
- The salary is competitive based on experience.
- You will be based both at home and either at our London or Brighton office
Who are we?
InCrowd is a data-led fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about. We have thrived during the recent pandemic as our clients recognise that they need to create better direct relationships with their fans.
We use technology to capture real-time fan consumption data and have enterprise-scale third-party data integrations enabling our clients to gain a deeper understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. This approach allows our clients to drive business intelligence and to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, via InCrowd’s content and messaging tools.
InCrowd’s core digital experience platform (DXP) powers official mobile apps and websites, personalised fan messaging and LED and Big Screens in over 140 stadiums around the world, utilising first-party and behavioural data.
We work with multiple globally recognised sports organisations and clubs including…
- Formula 1
- ECB / ICC / IPL
- FIFA/UEFA/EFL plus numerous Premier League & Championship football clubs
- The Rugby Football League / Premiership Rugby / PRO14 / Six Nations
- World Snooker
We have seen rapid growth in our short history and now have a team of nearly 70 across London and Brighton as well as individuals in Australia and Hong Kong.
Reporting to the COO you will provide architecture and design services to clients and ensure delivered solutions meet and perform to technical and functional specifications. The scale of projects ranges from minor client upgrades to large scale digital transformation projects.
Who are you?
You have at least five years of experience in a systems architect / senior software development or product ownership. You enjoy working with clients and solving their business problems. Whilst not essential, it helps if you are a sports fan.
Our current tech stack is built upon cloud-native technologies – running on AWS and built up of microservices (Java and GoLang) running on a container management platform (Kubernetes).
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Propose and evaluate alternative technical approaches to delivering systems to the client
- Work with the business development team to estimate the cost of solutions.
- Collaborate with clients, partners, and internal sales, product management and development teams with a continuous focus on customer success
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organisation and pro-actively respond to ad-hoc questions
We need you to have:
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies (including AWS), software design and development, including database systems, desktop and web and mobile application development.
- A wide knowledge of different development technologies, deployment methods and trends.
- An expectation that you will travel to client sites
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and team spirit
- Solid time management and prioritisation ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving mentality
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- A friendly but challenging working environment
- A great work-life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home or another quiet environment; but combined with the opportunity to come together for collaboration, team building and social events ranging from picnics to 5-a-side football to regular gaming tournaments.
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday, pension contributions, cycle and transport schemes, working from home support schemes and provision of quality technical equipment.
- Regular opportunities to attend client sports events
- Support for additional training and education
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; an email, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.