The UEFA Digital Editor will be part of a team responsible for publishing English language content on UEFA’s official website and competition-specific applications.
The successful candidate will have the following duties:
Editorial / publishing
- Text: you will need to be an all-rounder, combining writing, revising and publishing duties. This is across the various content types used on UEFA’s owned platforms such as news articles and live blog posts, the running of which is a core part of the job.
- Imagery: photo selection is a vital part of the role, and the chosen applicant will be skilled in determining hero photos, embedded imagery and appropriate use of graphics.
- Video: liaising with the video editorial lead to ensure content is wisely embellished with accompanying (mainly match footage-based) video.
- Ensuring the highest editorial standards cross all formats, becoming quickly familiar with UEFA’s style guide to deliver consistency of quality.
- Tailoring the content for the various formats (desktop, mobile etc.) and in the different environments (website, app etc.) in which it will appear.
- Applying best practice in SEO to all published content – an excellent understanding of how to best tailor the content to maximise its search engine exposure is required – and always looking to improve the user journey.
Editorial / site management & promotion
- With 20+ UEFA competition sections to manage on the website, and 3 major apps, a key part of the role is ensuring the most relevant, timely and client sensitive content is always correctly positioned across all platforms.
- Producing and signing off editorially-led app notifications, revising email newsletter copy, and populating the social media referral doc / liaising regularly with the social team.
Editorial / commissioning & resource management
- Working with correspondents and reporters across Europe to ensure delivery of required content; diligent preparation ahead of matchweeks.
- Vitally important matchnight role to organise reporters and freelancers to ensure optimal coverage of the biggest games in European football.
- Working directly with the digital content management team at UEFA on a daily basis to ensure delivery of content plan that meets business objectives.
- Monitoring exposure of partner content ensuring correct timings are implemented – delivery of branded content is high priority within the team.
- Being part of a team which creates content that engages fans but crucially upholds, protects and builds UEFA’s brand and global reputation at all times.
- Writing and sub-editing experience, particularly in a live sporting environment
- Excellent communication and editing skills, often dealing with non-native English speakers’ copy
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when under pressure
- Deep knowledge of (and passion for) football and in particular European football
- Experience of using CMS and traffic analytics tools.
- Graphic design software skills (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator) and a background SEO copywriting / best practice would be advantageous
- Exceptional stakeholder management and client relation skills
What we offer
InCrowd offers a healthy, friendly and creative environment. This role offers you an open playing field to build relationships and achieve success, which will be supported by InCrowd at every step. Also on offer are:
- Company benefits.
- Support for additional training and education.
- Social events.
- Opportunity for significant career progression in a fast-developing team.
Up for the challenge?
The recruitment process will focus primarily on your values and energy for the role. Send your CV and something that shows why you’re perfect the right person for the job! This can be anything; a supporting email, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to email@example.com
Deadline: close of play on Monday, 16th January 2023