- An integral member of the Client Delivery Team
- A competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Based in our Brighton or London office (remote considered)
- Reporting to the Head of Project Management or Project Lead
Are you the right person?
Our Project Managers are organised people leaders that thrive on solving problems, working with teams and delighting clients.
Working with multi-disciplinary teams covering technical, QA, Data, Design and Account Management, you have the ability to deliver complex client facing products across web and native apps, integrating with existing products as required. Projects also frequently involve data deliverables and as such, experience working on data driven projects is a must.
This role is not simply about task management. You are the person looking ahead, removing roadblocks, getting the client engaged, planning and pivoting as well as managing stakeholders, the scope and project finances.
You are pragmatic and organised, and communicate clearly and often, stating needs and putting forward solutions. You will be supported by the Head of Project Management, Project Lead and a team of talented colleagues.
- Good digital project management background with a fair understanding of methodologies, tools, ways of working and best practice
- Digitally and technically literate. You know how to talk to developers, appreciate design thinking, and have experience building websites, apps, CMS’, and working with data
- Interest in or some experience working within a complex product and client delivery environment, appreciation of how the two work together
- Experience working with external clients and third parties
- Good with people and clear straightforward communicator
- Coachable and open to new ways of working
- Self starter
- Experience working on data driven projects, with data scientists, or data engineers
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Delivering fantastic sports products on time, within scope and within budget
- Working on a handful of digital projects simultaneously
- Being client facing throughout the project delivery
- Engaging, aligning and communicating with stakeholders and third parties
- Mitigating risks and resolving issues on your projects, escalating issues when appropriate
- Working within an agile framework, utilising Scrum
- Managing the project backlog, ensuring tickets are created, sufficiently detailed and ready to be worked
- Ensuring project controls are utilised appropriately
- Making projects enjoyable for your team and your client by building great relationships, being fair, and ensuring everyone’s voice feeds into the collective output
- Delivering amazing work which you’re proud of and moves the business towards its goals and objectives
- Supporting on wider delivery initiatives as required
Who are we?
InCrowd is a data-led fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about.
We use technology to capture real-time fan consumption data and have enterprise-scale third-party data integrations enabling our clients to gain a better understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. We link data to marketing through our proprietary digital experience platform which makes it easy for our clients to activate data-powered campaigns. This approach allows our clients to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, vastly enhancing the fan experience whilst achieving commercial objectives.
We work with multiple sports organisations and clubs including; Formula 1, ECB, 10 Premier League / Championship football clubs, Rugby Football League, Premiership Rugby and Sky Sports. We have seen rapid growth in our five-year history and now have over 80 staff based in London and Brighton and now Australia and Hong Kong.
This role is an exciting new position that will be at the forefront of the company’s success.
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- A friendly but challenging working environment
- A great work-life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home or other quiet environments, but combined with the opportunity to come together for collaboration, team building and social events
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday, pension contributions, cycle and transport schemes, working from home support schemes and provision of quality technical equipment.
- Support for additional training and education
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; an email, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you. Email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.