- A full-time role in a fast-growing sports marketing software company building solutions for high profile sports clubs, leagues and federations
- The salary is competitive based on experience
- You will be based in Brighton or fully remote
Who are we?
InCrowd is a data-led fan marketing company, but first and foremost, we are sports fans. We understand the unrivalled passion and dedication of supporters towards the clubs, leagues and players they care about. We have thrived during the recent pandemic as our clients recognise that they need to create better direct relationships with their fans.
We use technology to capture real-time fan consumption data and have enterprise-scale third-party data integrations enabling our clients to gain a deeper understanding of their fans, going well beyond who they are and delving deeper into their behavioural habits and fan characteristics. This approach allows our clients to drive business intelligence and to deliver relevant and timely content and marketing messages to fans, via InCrowd’s content and messaging tools.
InCrowd’s core digital experience platform (DXP) powers official mobile apps and websites, personalised fan messaging and LED and Big Screens in over 140 stadiums around the world, utilising first-party and behavioural data.
We work with multiple globally recognised sports organisations and clubs including…
- Formula 1
- ECB / ICC / IPL
- FIFA/UEFA/EFL plus numerous Premier League & Championship football clubs
- The Rugby Football League / Premiership Rugby / PRO14 / Six Nations
- World Snooker
We have seen rapid growth in our short history and now have a team of nearly 70 across London and Brighton as well as individuals in Australia and Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Director of Client Delivery you will project manage a small team of designers, front end app/web developers, back end developers, data engineers and testers to deliver a mixture of project and product enhancements for a wide number of sports bodies.
Who are you?
You will have a least three years of experience of delivering digital projects either in-house or in an agency environment. You have already or would love the opportunity to work in the sports business.
Our current tech stack is built upon cloud-native technologies – running on AWS and built up of microservices (Java and GoLang) running on a container management platform (Kubernetes).
What will you be doing for InCrowd?
- Act as the first point of contact for project-related client & company questions and requests
- Create and maintain a project roadmap: managing the scope and priority of features, epics, stories, and acceptance criteria throughout the project’s lifetime
- Review the developing client product, confirming it is within scope and on time, and give feedback to the development team
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to company and customer needs and objectives, with a comprehensive handover to the Support / BAU team
- Ensure work is visible in Jira and prioritise the features / epics / stories to align with the clients’ needs and InCrowd’s strategic roadmap
- Work with clients on scope and third party management
- Run project progress meetings with the client and relevant team members
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, including face to face meetings where possible
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure alignment of release schedules across projects and products
- Manage risks to ensure delivery is on time; develop contingency plans as required if not
- Feedback suggestions for product improvement and market research to senior staff
We need you to have:
- You must be a sports fan in order to understand client requirements
- A programming background in mobile apps, CRM, CMS or web development would be useful
- You must have experience in successfully managing the delivery of digital projects
- An understanding of agile development practices would be extremely valuable
- You should be able to demonstrate your ability to handle difficult customers
- People management experience is important.
- Your written and verbal communication skills must be excellent.
- Relevant educational and professional qualifications will be useful, but demonstrable practical success will be more important.
What will InCrowd be doing for you?
- A friendly but challenging working environment
- A great work-life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home or other quiet environments, but combined with the opportunity to come together for collaboration, team building and social events
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday, pension contributions, cycle and transport schemes, working from home support schemes and provision of quality technical equipment.
- Support for additional training and education
Lastly, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Up for the challenge?
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, your salary expectations and something that shows us why you’re perfect for the role. This can be anything; a letter, a video or perhaps a case study of previous work….. we want to find out more about you.